Learning Outcomes for Chapter 0
To master the material in this chapter, a student needs to know...
- how to count the number of items in a simple set
- the difference in big things and little things, hot things and cold things, tall things and short things, light and dark, loud and quiet, clean and dirty, etc...
- know how to use the internet to lookup needed data for a given problem
- how to use a scientific calculator - especially inputing scientific notation numbers
- how to do simple math and algebra problems... how to take percentages
- how to THINK about a given measurement and know if it is a ridiculous number for something
- the importance of attending class regularly and staying fully engaged with the material